• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to remove widgets from phone?

That sucks :(

My default home screen offers up my Facebook account (which I use a little) and my Twitter account which I use very, very rarely.

I'd much rather have email info on the first screen.

And the Facebook widget is pretty poor too; it just takes me to the post which is showing rather than a proper summary page like the FB app.

I'd really like to clear the home screen(s) and start again. 'They' have decided what applications I want to use rather than letting me set out my phone according to my preferences. In fact, just the wallpaper alone would be great.

Moan, moan, moan, moan, ... :D

Upvote 0
That sucks :(

My default home screen offers up my Facebook account (which I use a little) and my Twitter account which I use very, very rarely.

I'd much rather have email info on the first screen.

And the Facebook widget is pretty poor too; it just takes me to the post which is showing rather than a proper summary page like the FB app.

I'd really like to clear the home screen(s) and start again. 'They' have decided what applications I want to use rather than letting me set out my phone according to my preferences. In fact, just the wallpaper alone would be great.

Moan, moan, moan, moan, ... :D
sorry, but you do know that you can move the items as well right? on my homepage i have all the icons i need. NOT the stupid FB twitter weather etc widgets.

press and hold either the icon or widget: then 2 white lines will show up on either side of the screen. drag the icon/widget there to move it to either the 3 left or 3 right pages of the home screen. or while held, you can drag the icon/widget to the middle bottom of the screen, which deletes that SHORTCUT. (it wont delete the program)

hope that helps, which means if u really wanted to, u could have a completely blank homepage and enjoy a picture of a beautiful girl or something. haha peace

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones