• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to restore 'Open tabs' after android crash

ZeynepGur

Lurker
Jan 2, 2022
Hi, I hope you can help me.

My android crashed while there were many open tabs in Chrome.

Using computer if I look at chrome.google.com, it says I have 1628 open tabs but in the browser on my main PC I have only a few which were opened after the crash.

If I look at History in the list of ‘Tabs from other devices’, it shows only the tabs that were opened after the crash.

Also note I have been using Chrome only from the crashed android, and have opened a few Chrome tabs since the crash. What I mean all these 1628 tabs were opened on the crashed android and no other device.

Can I see a list of all these 1628 open tabs? I would like to restore them all.

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Reactions: Dannydet
Danny, thanks for your reply.

Sync was on & off previously, and I cannot remember its latest status.

However, at a general level, when chrome.google.com claims 1628 tabs are open where does it get this number from? They have to be open somewhere or get listed somewhere, no? If I could get a hold on such a list, it would be perfect.

Does anyone know if there is a list or on what basis this number is calculated?

Moreover, opening new tabs I can see the number increases. So, it must be keeping the tabs which are no longer visible on my android somewhere, and adding on top of it.

Upvote 0
if you go to history on your computer in the chrome browser, you can select "tabs from other device" and it should list all of your tabs per device.

and i agree with @Dannydet there is no need for that many tabs open. why not just bookmark those sites you have open? that many tabs just uses a lot of resources on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones