• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to retrieve photos from broken OnePlus?

ltnielsen

Lurker
Nov 9, 2020
Hi all,

Hope someone can come up with a good idea to help me out. I have a OnePlus 3 that I have been very happy with. I dropped it recently, though, cracking the screen. No worries, still worked, although the glass was peeling away in one corner. Then yesterday, the screen suddenly went all black with a few green lines across showing up.

The phone was pretty old, so I've ordered a new one. Did not want to repair it.

BUT, I have been stupid enough to not activate any kind of cloud backup for photos etc. So my question to you all is: Can we find a way to 'break into' the phone without being able to see and (i think) control the screen?

Some additional info:
-It's a OnePlus 3
-No, I did not use google photos or anything similar.
-The phone is still alive. It activates when called or when recieving a text. I'm basically still logged in.
-I assume it is not debugged. Nothing happens if I connect it via cable to my computer.
- I've tried several of the phone-rescue softwares (EasyUS, Phone Rescue, Dr.Fone etc.). None of them register the phone.

The only solution I can think of is to pay to have the screen changed. But since it when all black, I suspect it may be more complicated (and expensive) than the typical screen replacement.

Any help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones