• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root and upgrade rom on htc dream g1

ady01

Lurker
Mar 8, 2013
Hi! Im new here and i need a good rom version and working tutorial about htc dream how to root and upgrade mod step by step.
I found a lots of tutorials over the net but when i looked at the comments a lots of people broken their phones with those tutorials.Thanks in advance .
here is some specifications about the phone:
Model Number
T-Mobile G1
Firmware Version:
Baseband Version:
62.505.20.17U_2.22.19.261
Kernel Version
2.6.29-00479-g3c7d37
android-build@apa26#19
Build Number
DRC92

And here is the information that appears when i hold the end and camera key
hboot -0 95.0000
cpld-4
radio-2.22.19.26i
sep 2008
seria 10
I Can not find the appropriate section to post
Please move to the appropriate section

I need help from a person that managed to root and upgrade his phone no links to xda forum there everything is messed up.1000 tutorials but none managed to make me understand .One says he managed.OTHER SAYS THAT "I BRICKED MY PHONE".I do not know what to believe.

The people that hang out an XDA are the experts. If you cannot find your answer there it may not be a good idea to attempt to root your phone.

I did some looking over at XDA and it looks like the process for rooting this phone is pretty complicated. Here's a link I found.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442480

Upvote 0
I moved this to the Lounge rather than the applications section. The reason there isn't a device section is because this device is 5 years old. This was the first android phone. It is completely obsolete. I keep mine in the nightstand next to my bed as a reminder where this journey started.

As to your question, don't waste your time. You can't fix a 500 mhz processor. I ran CM on this years ago, and performance was better, but pathetic compared to today's phones.

It's time to get a new phone.

Upvote 0
The people that hang out an XDA are the experts. If you cannot find your answer there it may not be a good idea to attempt to root your phone.

I did some looking over at XDA and it looks like the process for rooting this phone is pretty complicated. Here's a link I found.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442480

there are 1000 ways too upgrade your rom but i dont know that works.
i need an advice from a user with g1 rooted and upgraded esspecialy with drc92 android 1.6

Upvote 0
there are 1000 ways too upgrade your rom but i dont know that works.
i need an advice from a user with g1 rooted and upgraded esspecialy with drc92 android 1.6

There are no g1 users anymore. It's five years old, and people tend to upgrade every two years or so. The root method hasn't been changed since 2009, which requires use of terminal emulator. Whatever is out there is the best you can get. Even CyanogenMod doesn't have a page for the phone anymore.

Install CM for dream sapphire - CyanogenMod

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones