• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root HTC HERO after installing recent security patch

I recently installed the new security patch that came out around the release of the EVO because I was unaware of what it entailed. However this battery life problem has become sickening and I would really love to root my phone and get rid of all this sprint trash on my phone. If you can help or direct me to an installation guide it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Actually, post # 1 in ronbein's link has instructions for reverting back to the .5 RUU by using either one of the links found in post # 2.

Upon reverting back to .5, you would then resume following the remaining instructions in post # 1 of ronbein's link to gain root.

Don't worry about trying to read the rest of the thread in that link...it's 74 pages long.

Reactions: HeSoDope
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones