1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how to root my Huawei prism 2

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by caliamy, Jul 29, 2013.

1. caliamy

caliamy Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2013
    I just got a New T-Mobile prism 2, it came out just a little over a month ago. I've never rooted a phone before and want to make sure that I don't need up my phone. I can only find instructions for the prism 1. amy help would be most appreciated, the main reason is that I use my phone as a hotspot and with my plan its an extra $15 a month, I'm a student and don't work right now so that's a lot for me to pay right now,I downloaded barnacle but need to root my phone before it will work, thanx:)

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hey there, caliamy, welcome to the AndroidForums!

We do have a Prism 2 area here at AF that may help you get the most out of your phone:

Huawei Prism 2 - Android Forums

Cheers and thanks for signing-up with us :).

3. caliamy

caliamy Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2013
    thanx Mr ( or Mrs) alien, will check it out right now, would be stoked if I could get it rooted and get out of paying an xtra $15 a month just to use their little hotspot option,I mean,I already pay them for their crappy internet, why pay more just to be able to use it, ya know, thanx again, wish me luck ;)

scary alien likes this.
  4. dfectv

dfectv Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2013
    Did you have any luck with this? I have been trying to figure out how to root my prism 2 but there isn't much of anything in the all thing root guide for it, or in the entire prism 2 area to be honest.

5. dfectv

dfectv Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2013
    This worked for me. Cydia Impactor. I clicked the big start button. When it was done doing it's thing, I went to the Device drop down menu, clicked bootloader, my phone shut off, turned back on and it was rooted.