• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root my Verizon Galaxy s4 SCH-1545 that's alredy upgraded to lollipop 5.0. 1 without means of

My phone information is as follows: I would appreciate some advice on how to root this with just my phone & no computer, as i have no access to 1. I would also if able to root to be able to return to KITKAT 4.4.4 as LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 has made my phone useless Thankyou for as anyone's help. 5/27/15

Model: SCH-1545
CARRIER:VERIZON
ANDROID VERSION : 5.0.1
BASEBAND VERSION
1545VRUGOC1
KERNEL VERSION : 3.4.0
BUILD VERSION : LRX22C1545VRUGOC1

SE STATUS FOR ANDROID : SEPF_SCH-1545_5.0.1_0009

SECURE BOOT STATUS : SAMSUNG

HARDWARE VERSION : 1545.06
SECURITY SOFTWARE VERSION: :
MDF v1.0 RELEASE 4
VPN v1.4 RELEASE 4

KNOX VERSION :
KNOX 2.3
STANDARD SDK 5.3.0
PREMIUM SDK 2.3.0
CUSTOMIZATION SDK 2.00
CONTAINER 2.3.0
CEP 2.0.1
ENTERPRISE BILLING 1.0.0
SE FOR ANDROID 2.2.1
SSO 2.1.1
TIMA 2.0
VPN 2.2.0

CONFIGURATION VERSION :
J12SAM.SCH1545.0

Reactions: Alan Goldstein
Me too.
GS4 SCH-I545 running 5.0.1, Verizon Wireless, Build LRX22CJ545VRUGOC1 (not sure if the 3rd to last character is "0" or "O")

I've had a rooted phone years ago, but when I got my GS4, I never saw the need to do it.

Then it started bugging me to upgrade to 5.0.1, and I let it.

The only complaint I have, other than running a bit sluggish, is that the app '2Battery' will not work with the upgrade unless rooted. When it worked, this app turned off wifi and mobile data for 15 minutes at a time when asleep, turning them on for short bursts between to allow the email, etc to update. Then when I wake it up, wifi and mobile data work normally.

I inspect farms for a living, and I need my phone to be ready for me all day. I can't be wedded to an outlet or a car to keep it working, and carrying a spare battery would be a real drag. When '2 battery' works, my phone will last about 2 days on sleep mode, but without it, I get at best 6 hours, even after replacing the battery.

Unfortunately, everything I've read about how to successfully root my device end at the upgrade I just accepted.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd be willing to pay somebody else to do it if it's tricky.

Upvote 0
My phone information is as follows: I would appreciate some advice on how to root this with just my phone & no computer, as i have no access to 1. I would also if able to root to be able to return to KITKAT 4.4.4 as LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 has made my phone useless Thankyou for as anyone's help. 5/27/15

You have a tutorial in these forums:
http://androidforums.com/threads/flashing-roms-without-a-pc.521914/

You also have many other tutorials is you just try searching the net:
https://goo.gl/UV0djh

I hope this will help you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones