• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to save texts?

kimberlyd86

May 6, 2013
Before you yell at me for asking a question that's been asked before, I'm not necessarily interested in saving all of my text messages, just ones with one particular person. I downloaded SMS Backup, but I'm wary of giving it permission to view and manage my mail... Also, I'm not sure if this app will wind up saving all of my texts, or if I can pick and choose which ones.

My goal is to save the texts I have with this one person in a text file on my computer. Suggestions? Thanks.

(BTW, I have a Kyocera Rise.)

I use SMS Backup+ and have it setup so it just saves texts from/with my son (both 'real' and GV) in Gmail. It works really well.

They have to have permission to view and manage your mail, that's where it's going to save them. I honestly never gave that a second thought, it makes sense.

No yelling, ever :)

Upvote 0
Before you yell at me for asking a question that's been asked before, I'm not necessarily interested in saving all of my text messages, just ones with one particular person. I downloaded SMS Backup, but I'm wary of giving it permission to view and manage my mail... Also, I'm not sure if this app will wind up saving all of my texts, or if I can pick and choose which ones.

My goal is to save the texts I have with this one person in a text file on my computer. Suggestions? Thanks.

(BTW, I have a Kyocera Rise.)

I have used SMS Backup in the past but I did all text. I found it to be a bit redundant for me though as Titanium Backup can also save all my text. However for your purpose I think it would be kewl to use it. And Let me know if anyone yells at you we don't appreciate that here :)

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks all. I downloaded SMS backup and connected it to my gmail. I didn't see an option to save only one text thread, so I just backed up everything. The particular thread I want to save has only saved 7 days worth. I want to save the whole thing which goes back quite far. Over a month or two.

How do I change the setting to save this entire thread? I don't need anything else backed up.

ETA Never mind. I see it splits the messages up by date. The older ones are there. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones