1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to send photos on Android to a file on my PC via WiFi?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by redfishsc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. redfishsc

redfishsc Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    I'm trying to find a simple solution for sending small numbers of photos from Android to PC (Win 7) over WiFi (both devices on same WiFi). Note, I am setting this up for a 76 year old lady who can use an Android, but it needs to be a simple as "long-tap......tap "share"..... tap "send to PC" or something like that.

It needs to be as easy as sending a photo via a text message or email. But I want it to dump the photo into a designated folder on her computer, which is on the same WiFi network.

Note, I have (and, don't care for) the WiFi File Transfer App. It does work, but is frustrating to use and you have to be sitting with both devices in front of you. I also don't care for the USB options--- too complicated for her to dig around on the phone's file folders via the computer.

I suppose I could use Dropbox for this but would prefer not to burn up a Dropbox account for this.

Currently I have her just emailing the photos to herself, and she can just download them

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Dropbox is the answer. Enable automatic photo upload to send all her photos to Dropbox, or show her how to do 'Settings > Upload here > Photos or videos' to select only certain photos. Install Dropbox on her computer and Dropbox will automatically send all or selected photos to the folder desired. Can't make it much simpler.

You could check out Airdroid if you still want to avoid Dropbox, but it might be just a bit more complicated to do what you want.

El Presidente likes this.
  3. redfishsc

redfishsc Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Male
    working all day
    Living room
    OK so I can set her Android (a phone) to automatically send all her photos to Dropbox (hopefully it can be set to do this ONLY via WiFi to avoid 3G/4G data charges).

This is sorta what I'm looking for, thank. Also open to other options, thanks!

4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Yes, as I explained, either all photos or only selected photos. And it can be set to upload via WiFi only.