1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to show seconds in the status bar clock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZIKITAMON A, Dec 25, 2020.

1. ZIKITAMON A

ZIKITAMON A Lurker

I want my status bar's clock to not only show me hours and minutes but show me hours, minutes and seconds. But I have no idea how I can do it with my Honor 10 Lite. I first tried to look on my phone's settings but there was no option to do that. Then I tried to access the System UI Tuner by pressing the gear icon in the notification panel. That did not work either. So I tried some System UI Tuner apps and some other apps thats should works, but non of those worked.

Now I have no idea if it is even possible in my phone. Because in my friends phone it can be done just by going to status bar settings and selecting the clock to show seconds.

If someone can help me with that problem I will be so happy. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

kate and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

curious as to what phone your friend has.....never seen seconds in the notification bar ever.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Alexenferman

Alexenferman Member

For Android 9 and+ you need to create a shortcut with an app such as Shortcut Maker or Nova Launcher Activity launcher. When creating a shortcut, select SystemUI > Demo Mode. Launch the shortcut and you will get to SystemUI tuner, then you can enable the Seconds under the Status bar option
    Screenshot_20201225-133816_Shortcut_Maker.png Screenshot_20201225-133743_System_UI.png

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

The System UI Tuner method will only work on some phones, manufacturers can disable that ability if they want to.

puppykickr, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

You can but it's complicated.

7. ZIKITAMON A

ZIKITAMON A Lurker

I tried to use shortcut to Demo Mode but when I do something in there nothing happens and when I go back there nothing seems to be saved.

I think that SystemUI Tuner just doesn't work in my phone. Like kate said: it works only in some phones.

8. ZIKITAMON A

ZIKITAMON A Lurker

Dannydet likes this.
  9. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

All of my devices after 5.1.1 have seconds on the clock in the notificaton bar.

Turned it on through the System UI Tuner.

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

I tried that app and it worked on a phone with System UI Tuner disabled. :thumbsupdroid:

Some other modifications didn't look great, but adding the seconds worked well.

Dannydet likes this.
  11. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

I'm curious. Why?

12. ZIKITAMON A

ZIKITAMON A Lurker

Dannydet likes this.
  13. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Seriously; why?
    I get it on a watch. But why a phone,

Dannydet likes this.

Honor 10 Lite Forum

The Honor 10 Lite release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.21" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3-6GB RAM, Hisilicon Kirin 710 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews