• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to stop the LED flash for Gmail notifications?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
Is there a way to turn off the LED notification for Gmail? I went into the LED options and unchecked "Email," but I'm not sure if that's just for the "Email" app itself, and not Gmail. I still get the LED flash when I have new Gmail, but it doesn't seem to happen *every* time! :(

I still want the notification icon to appear, so I don't want to turn off Gmail notification altogether. I already turned off sound, now I just need to turn off the LED.

Thanks.

I'm interested in this also and I want to know how to change the frequency of when my phone goes out to Gmail and retrieves new mail.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think you can change the frequency. Gmail seems to be pushed to your phone immediately, in which case I don't think the app is actually "checking" anyway, which I assume means it doesn't use up the battery to do so.

But still, that LED............... :(

Upvote 0
Maybe you can turn off the notifications in the app itself, and download one of the Gmail notifiers from the market, which are probably a bit more flexible as far as notifications go.

Perhaps, but I hate getting third-party apps to do something I already have by default. Right now I just have Gmail auto-syncing turned off altogether, so no notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones