• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to switch default browser

Jpeluso8

Jul 15, 2010
So, I have sky fire, and want to make it my default browser. When I go into its setting, the option to make it default browser is greyed out?

Reason why I want to do this, is for some reason my DROID x default browser isn't playing videos (i.e., videos on ESPN.com not working with default, but working on sky fire). So for example, i get an email in gmail from espn, and click the link to open a video, it wont work. So i need the default to go to sky fire.

Anyone know why this is happening btw? Since FROYO, wasnt videaos etc. because they are flash suppossed to work???

Also, I have noticed that my phone's gps will not really work half the time unless i shut off phone and turn back on. Today my mp3's I have been using on phone for a while now stopped working. A message saying "not supported music files" came up..UNTIL i shut off phone and re-booted. What the heck?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones