• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to tell what kind of ROM it is?

TripsYou

Oct 13, 2010
Calera, AL
I was wondering if there is a way you can tell if a ROM is a i9000 ROM or a Captivate ROM. Kinda like Darky's ROM, I know some other guy changed Darky's ROMs and all that so they work on the Captivate correctly but I am wondering how you tell the diffrence? Do most i9000 ROMs work on a Captivate correctly. I have heard that if it is a i900 ROM it will not work right and the bottom buttons wont give heptic feedback or will not light up etc.

I was wondering if there is a way you can tell if a ROM is a i9000 ROM or a Captivate ROM. Kinda like Darky's ROM, I know some other guy changed Darky's ROMs and all that so they work on the Captivate correctly but I am wondering how you tell the diffrence? Do most i9000 ROMs work on a Captivate correctly. I have heard that if it is a i900 ROM it will not work right and the bottom buttons wont give heptic feedback or will not light up etc.
Haptic feedback on the home key has been solved by MikeyMike01, the developer of Serendipity. They all share, it seems, so that haptic feedback has spread to many of the other ROMs. The i9000 ROMs now seem to work quite well with the Captivate, I've had few problems with Serendipity (the problems I've had were because of my fiddling).

Upvote 0

Just on a Side note,Darky has reworked his ROM now to where it doesn't need to be "Ported" for Captivate now. You do have to be sure your phones "Build" show i897 then his ROM sees you on Captivate and the Correct things are Flashed.

Upvote 0
Just on a Side note,Darky has reworked his ROM now to where it doesn't need to be "Ported" for Captivate now. You do have to be sure your phones "Build" show i897 then his ROM sees you on Captivate and the Correct things are Flashed.

How would you go about doing that? Making sure the ROM see that I have a i897 instead of a i9000?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones