• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To How to use Galaxy S6 Edge Screen as an alarm clock at night

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    One very cool feature of the S6 Edge is being able to use the Edge screen as an alarm/night clock while the phone is sitting flat on your night stand.
    Edge-Screen-Clock.png

To access this feature:
    1. Open settings
    2. Tap "Edge Screen"
    3. Tap "Night clock"
    4. Toggle to "On"
    5. Choose hours at which night clock will be active
    If you're testing the Night Clock during the day it will be EXTREMELY difficult to see. You'll have to cup your hands around the time to see how the clock works. The S6 Edge Night Clock only appears when it's very dark in the room/location.

It's cool but for someone like me with my aging eyes, the font is way too small to see at night. Does anyone know how to make the clock display on the lock screen or an app that will display the clock while the phone is locked at night? I have a wireless charger that I put on my nightstand to charge the phone and I want the phone to double as my clock/alarm.

Upvote 0
    If you're familiar with an app called MacroDroid, you can easily do this. Basically MacroDroid will start whichever clock/alarm app you like, make sure the screen stays on for a specified time period, on specific days, and only when connected to the charger. If you have not used it, try it. It is amazingly easy to set up and can truly customize your android phone. You will find many other forum members that continuously recommended for different levels of customization
    Thank you, I'm going to give that a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones