• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Virginize Droid X

and do a factory reset before you sbf.

any reason why this has to be done before? just curious... I unfortunatly am in the same boat as the OP. I woke up this morning and the bottom half of my screen if flickering/blacked out. I called verizon this morning and they are overnighting me a new one which should be here tomorrow (go figure im going out of town tomorrow too!! I hope it gets here early/before I have to leave!) so today im flahing the sbf (just finished) and I was going to do a factory reset AFTER. just curious if it HAS to be done before for any particular reason

Upvote 0
No, it doesn't have to be done before. After is fine. The SBF simply wipes the system partition so you just have to factory reset at some point either before or after to delete user data.

Sometimes it's easier before because, if you have user data or cache that somehow prevents the phone from booting or throws it into a boot loop, you don't have to coordinate the battery pull/holding home to boot into recovery. That's the only good reason to do it before, though.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
No, it doesn't have to be done before. After is fine. The SBF simply wipes the system partition so you just have to factory reset at some point either before or after to delete user data.

Sometimes it's easier before because, if you have user data or cache that somehow prevents the phone from booting or throws it into a boot loop, you don't have to coordinate the battery pull/holding home to boot into recovery. That's the only good reason to do it before, though.

ah ok, that makes sense. yeah mine is back to stock without a hitch... not the first time ive had to flash the sbf though... im still pissed the thing crapped out on me after 4 months...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones