• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how's your SWYPE after FROYO?

Well, you may get answers from knowledgeable users there, even if he doesn't answer you.

Serendipity is a custom ROM, the best one that I've found. Swype was updated during one of the ROM updates, thank goodness, and the newer version is so much better than what came on the Captivate. I think the new one came with the official Froyo update, did you get that?

Upvote 0
Well, you may get answers from knowledgeable users there, even if he doesn't answer you.

Serendipity is a custom ROM, the best one that I've found. Swype was updated during one of the ROM updates, thank goodness, and the newer version is so much better than what came on the Captivate. I think the new one came with the official Froyo update, did you get that?
yes supposedly i did...and it has different features. but it is horrible. it mispells at an alarming rate now and funny enough alot of my emails contain the same words and content but now i must pay sooo much attention to my swyping...all kinds of gibberish words keep coming up even though i delete them...i did all the suggestions by that guy and clearing cache etc...all that did is lose all my custom abbreviations or emails and make me learn all over. no better. but thanks for suggestion.

Upvote 0
yes supposedly i did...and it has different features. but it is horrible. it mispells at an alarming rate now and funny enough alot of my emails contain the same words and content but now i must pay sooo much attention to my swyping...all kinds of gibberish words keep coming up even though i delete them...i did all the suggestions by that guy and clearing cache etc...all that did is lose all my custom abbreviations or emails and make me learn all over. no better. but thanks for suggestion.

I apologize, sharkhark. This is Brian Resnik. I replied earlier in this thread as well. Please email me again and I will get you taken care of. Your email may have slipped through our system, as we've been migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps, and some of my email filters got lost in the process.

Again, my apologies!

Upvote 0
Initially I passed by this thread since Swype is working just fine for me. I use it constantly, it's my favorite feature, and I must handle a lot of email from my Captivate.

Then today out of curiosity I read these posts. Makes me wonder why mine is working just fine and yours are not. I'm eager to see just what's causing these problems for all of you.

Upvote 0
I apologize, sharkhark. This is Brian Resnik. I replied earlier in this thread as well. Please email me again and I will get you taken care of. Your email may have slipped through our system, as we've been migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps, and some of my email filters got lost in the process.

Again, my apologies!
i will try emailing you and will also pm you my email address too in case you don't get it. I would really appreciate getting my swype back.

Upvote 0
It is up to Samsung to decide when and if they will give it to us.
I have it on very good authority that the holdup is not Samsung, but rather AT&T.

Stop and think: Samsung has no reason to hold back, as they only benefit by insuring we have the best experience with their phones.

AT&T on the other hand simply maintains a position of complacency which is my one and only complaint of any significance with that carrier. This applies not only to "small updates" but the full OS updates like the 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade.

Having been with them for years, I know I've experienced this type of thing with other brands sold by them.

Other than software updates, I've enjoyed stellar service and frequent, substantially discounted upgrade phones, whenever I have asked.

Overall I am very satisfied with AT&T.

Upvote 0
It may very well be AT&T, as getting Blackberry updates from them was always a pain too. Needless to say, since going Froyo and going to Cognition (based on 2.2), Swype became unbearable and I stopped using it. It was only slightly better than typing on an iPhone. I went to the stock Android keyboard with predictive text and haven't looked back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones