• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Htc desire cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Received my Pdair Luxury Silicone Case (Black).
Did you purchase from the U.S. site? If so and you're in the UK, how long did you have to wait for delivery? I received my barely there case 2 days ago which I'm ecstatic with it, looks and feels awesome.
However, the grass is always greener and I have a purchasing of gadget related gumph problem/addiction. My justification is the day will come when I drop my phone and my barely there cracks taking the fall more than likely so I need a replacement ready to go..
Also would like a slightly more tactile case like this PDair silicone one for certain situations..

Upvote 0
OK, so I got the standard HTC screen protector when I bought my phone, but when they came to me they were all wrinkled and thus putting them on the phone causes a couple of bubbles near the edges even after putting them under heavy books for a day :(

Anyway I just ordered a Noreve case and it should be here by tuesday. Should I even bother with a screen protector if I have this case?

Upvote 0
Did you purchase from the U.S. site? If so and you're in the UK, how long did you have to wait for delivery? I received my barely there case 2 days ago which I'm ecstatic with it, looks and feels awesome.
However, the grass is always greener and I have a purchasing of gadget related gumph problem/addiction. My justification is the day will come when I drop my phone and my barely there cracks taking the fall more than likely so I need a replacement ready to go..
Also would like a slightly more tactile case like this PDair silicone one for certain situations..

It took about 1 and a half weeks, im really pleased with it.

Upvote 0
I just received my Case-Mate 'Barely There' rubberised hard cover for my Desire and it is absolutely fantastic. Feels great in the hands and does not obstruct the function of the phone what so ever. Does only provide minimal coverage to the front but honestly I am sick of the bulk that comes with rubberised cases! Unlike the cheaper "Epik Case" posted above, it also fully protects the camera and speaker on the back.

Case-Mate Barely There Rubber Case for HTC Desire: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

31pnzRxmEkL._SS400_.jpg

41BfcQDuS6L._SS400_.jpg

21Kz4dctC6L._SS400_.jpg

Ben

Upvote 0
i have the pd air aluminium case in silver, not much bigger than some silicone cases, neoprene padding inside,weighs virtually nothing but super strong,good fit, hinge adds a bit to the width but not excessively so, provides excellent protection and does not impede the use of the screen or buttons in anyway,comes in a fancy cloth covered box and free leather keyring, and a screw in belt clip, i would not dare use this however, because if the case accidently opened, bye bye phone.
bought mine direct from pd air, cheaper than uk sellers and with free shipping.
if anyone has a habit of placing their phone down on gritty or dusty surfaces, then this case is perfect.
I can totally back up previous comments ,ordered mine fromm pdair ,took about a week ,its a work of art ,wont use it outside of work where it will give it more protection from harsh environment:D

Upvote 0
I've had my Proporta Alum-Leather case for a few days now.

It feels good and looks nice except for the fact that the Aluminum part is covered with very nice and soft leather but white while the rest of the case is black.

Leather is nice quality and padded but the padding doesn't add much bulk - nice in the hand.

While it has a magnetic clasp I don't think it will interfere with the compass which I don't think I will use anyway.

What I don't like:
The clasp which has to be this way because of the magnet opens the opposite way of my old Palm T5 and I'm having a hard time adjusting - eventually I guess it will be OK.
However because of the way it is built the front of the case - the part covering the scree does move from side to side when close - probably a design funtion but means that on a fall, the side of the Desire could absorb the blow rather than the case.

Will stick with it for now and be on the lookout for another one that will offer full protections.

Upvote 0
So I had a silicone case for my desire which eventually started warping and wasn't fitting the device very well. This time around I went for a hard case 3.99 on ebay

Some of the things I like about this one in comparison to the silicone case I had before is that the ports are easily accessible and the micro usb isn't obstructed by the case itself. With the silicone case the USB cable would often come out due to the amount of padding the case had in that area.

The downside to this hard case is that it is not screen protector friendly. Upon affixing it to my phone, by beautiful HTC screen protector was given the most annoying air bubble as the case dug into the side. I tried adding another screen protector but the same issue arose. So no screen protectors for this one.

Upvote 0
Hello all, your being graced with my first post :D

First things first, open the box and slap on a screen protector, that way there is no possibility of any microparticle of dust sneeking under. I used some off cuts of Helicopter tape that I had originally to protect my mountain bike frame. For those in the know it's used to protect the leading edge of chopper rotors but has been adopted by motorcyclists and mountainbikers who wish to protect their bikes from wear and tear and other damage.

There's plenty available on ebay but here's where i get my supply, nice and protective with a good feel:Biketart.com - Biketape

Next up was a case, not a fan of flip cases so i went on the hunt for a shell. Silicon ones can feel a bit sticky and don't necessarily slide in and out of pockets easily so I went with this style from ebay:
BLACK HARD ARMOR CASE SKIN COVER FOR HTC DESIRE UK on eBay (end time 04-Jul-10 15:46:56 BST) after seeing folk on this thread commenting on it.

It was a fail i'm afraid and lasted about a day an half before the plastic clips around the edge broke off one by one, i'm not the first as i read someone had a similar experience.

Fingers crossed with the next case from Case-Mate. The Nexus One case sounds good and i've got the Desire one on pre-order which should arrive this week sometime. Case-Mate HTC Desire / A8181 Hybrid Tough Case (Black) [CM011471] -

Upvote 0
Well the experience so far with my Case Mate 'Barely There' has been very good so far, the plastic is of good quality and the rubberised back feels excellent to hold.

Only slight downside I think It could stick up at the front just a fraction more to help protect the phone if it landed face down. Other than that, considering the extremely minimal extra padding added to the phone I am very happy.

Ben

Reactions: Cornflake
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones