• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Htc desire cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right people, got the case, its quite nice, its dark brown with orange highlights around edges. Orange lining is like microfiber, nice and soft so wont mess with the phones finish.

Fit is quite good, not overly tight so you battle to get the phone in/out. The phones slit allows for a bit of the case to go over the top of the phone which would stop it from falling out if upside down (this works well).

Only thing that concerns me is the case will split where the slit is, but only time will tell how tough it is.

Overall, for the price quite pleased. Id give it a 7/10 as theres nothing that looks as good at the moment.

Thanks twist123, fortunately it sounds exactly like what I'm after because I've already ordered one!

The crazy thing is that the day after I ordered it they changed the photos on that listing (you'll see if you click on your original link) and then they cancelled my order when I queried which one I'd be getting. They have since listed the original one again here, Dopod Brown Luxury Leather Case but it's now

Upvote 0
I am using this one at the moment.

Pros:
-Snug fit
-Well built
-Can (with balancing) double as a stand
-Leather

Cons
-Bit pricey (use the code YOUTUBE to get 10% off)
-Bulky (not really a con for me but I know others prefer the slim fits)
-Blocks camera
-No belt clip

All in all im happy with it even though it is built for the N1.

I also got their Topcoat screen cover for the N1 - it required trimming which is a pain but the protector is excellent, does not interfear with the operation of the pad and is very smooth (have heard others can have a odd texture to them).

Upvote 0
Black Mobile Phone Flip Case For The Htc Google Nexus: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Just received this case. It's for the Nexus One, but fits my Desire perfectly. It's not loose at all. All the buttons are exposed, not obscured by the plastic inner case that holds the phone.
It's a faux leather type material, quite nice and the stitching is good quality.
It's padded on the outside flip part, and a rougher faux leather on the inside. But not enough to scratch the screen.
However it uses a magnet to secure the strap, which messes with the phone. The compass on the Tricorder app wouldn't work, and the GPS on google maps was a little thrown off. I'll probably have to cut the magnet out.

Overall, 4/5 stars. It's a decent case and has good build quality, despite being under

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
From what I hear they are great for the body of the phone, but have an odd texture for the screen. So you may need to think about getting a separate screen protecter. Who knows you may like the more "tactile" feel. :D

Had them before for other devices. Ruins the feeling of the body for me. feels too plastic.

I understand you are both excited, but believe me after a few weeks you'll get so fed up with the feeling you'll pull it right off the phone.
Also you might think at first that it doesn't add anything to the thickness of the phone, but it does and it's very noticeable.

As for the screen protector, i still use it on my current phone. I still use it for the protection cause it has a plastic screen. But i hate it, the presence of the protector is obvious and it has a grippy feeling and an orange peel kind of texture.

For me they ruin the phone, and I wouldn't recommend it.
For my desire i'm going to not care about keeping the body of the phone nice and unscratched by making it.. well.. ugly with one of those zagg body protectors.

The screen however is another issue. I hate the feeling of screen protectors and told myself at first i'm not going to use one.
At this point however i'm abit in doubt, I might try an official HTC screen protector. But I'm sure I'm not going for Zagg, as it ruins the whole feel of the phone for me.

Upvote 0
Had them before for other devices. Ruins the feeling of the body for me. feels too plastic.

I understand you are both excited, but believe me after a few weeks you'll get so fed up with the feeling you'll pull it right off the phone.
Also you might think at first that it doesn't add anything to the thickness of the phone, but it does and it's very noticeable.

As for the screen protector, i still use it on my current phone. I still use it for the protection cause it has a plastic screen. But i hate it, the presence of the protector is obvious and it has a grippy feeling and an orange peel kind of texture.

For me they ruin the phone, and I wouldn't recommend it.
For my desire i'm going to not care about keeping the body of the phone nice and unscratched by making it.. well.. ugly with one of those zagg body protectors.

The screen however is another issue. I hate the feeling of screen protectors and told myself at first i'm not going to use one.
At this point however i'm abit in doubt, I might try an official HTC screen protector. But I'm sure I'm not going for Zagg, as it ruins the whole feel of the phone for me.

dont sound too good ha ha
seen other good cases, like someone on here had a thread about voting for them to create it for Desire and they looked good.

Upvote 0
Thank you, for your reply, i'm looking for a case by HTC but at the momment there's nothing by HTC , original for the Desire ( i think )
i have ordered the screenprotector from HTC ( to have already a bit of protection) but i really would like to find a nice case for this device ( prefer an original htc case ) .

Grtz Peter.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@trevytrev - I ordered one earlier today. I have been assured that they are for the Desire.

I can recommend buying from first2savvv. The case that I was sent didn't fit the Desire properly, so he sent me another one straight away without any fuss.

Hmmmm, I'm afraid mine turned up today and it's branded nexus one, also the product and barcode sticker was stuck over another sticker which was for..yes you've guessed it, the nexus one. I don't know how this are supposed to fit but it's not great so I'm sending it straight back. I was also assured it was for the Desire by their customer service so do fool like i've been conned I must say.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones