• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire HD - 3 min boot!!

MikeBr100

Lurker
Mar 13, 2011
Hi

I have a major issue with my HTC Desire HD which now takes on average between 2 to 3 minutes to boot (even from airplane mode) :mad:

I've had the phone for couple of years and this issue started around three months ago. I have not modified the phone in any way and I'm operating on OS 2.3.5

I would really appreciate any help as I'm just at the point of scrapping this phone!!!!

Once the phone is running there are no real problems. It's just this ridiculous boot time which is driving me mad!!!!

HELP!!!!!!

That's not good MikeBr100. There has to be something amiss with your phone. It could be a number of things. You might think back to when you first started having the problem and see if you made any changes to your phone about then. Changes such as an OTA upgrade or perhaps a new app installation. It's normally something software related that would cause a slow bootup. There are some things you might try to fix your problem. If it is an app not playing nice, removing it would be the ticket. If it is something beyond that, you might try removing the battery for a few minutes and then replace it. This will cause the phone to do a hard reset and that often will clear such a problem. The very worst scenario would be to do a factory reset. This is a pain but will most likely be your fix and you will also be surprised at how the phone will be more responsive after a fresh start. You will first want to back up everything that is precious to you that is on your phone. A factory reset is just that.... the phone will be returned to the state it was when you first turned it on.

For the very best advice for your problem you should check out the support area we have for your phone. The friendly users that also have a Desire HD know so much more than I about your phone and can best assist you. Here is a link to the area where they hang out. HTC Desire HD - Android Forums

Best of luck to you and thanks for joining the AF community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones