• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire Media Player ..

Mavis Cruet

Jun 29, 2010
Hi ..

I very much like the HTC desire, and am hoping to buy one, but I would like a little info on the media player.
I currently have a Samsung Monte, which insists on playing everything alphabetically, even properly tagged files. As I like to listen to Audiobooks, rather than music, this is a BIG problem.
Please can someone confirm that the Desire does play audio files in numerical order, and does it bookmark? ...
Any information would be gratefully received ... Thanks.

Oddly enough I am just trying to get audiobooks to work on my HTC Desire. Have an audiobook that the title of each track goes 1-01, 1-02.... 2-01, 2-02, etc

It would seem the Desire puts these in the right order. I am actually trying to work out about bookmarks. You may be better off posting this in the HTC Desire section of the forum. I will be starting a post about bookmarking.

Upvote 0
Help please, my phone is in serious danger of learning to fly.

Each time I go into Media Player, it goes straight into Albums, and once there it will not come out. I can still play the songs, but if I want to share, or do any of the other fancy things you just can't do it, and its getting very annoying.

Please for the sake of my phone, point me in the right direction in sorting this, or another APP that will allow me to SHARE, PLAY ALL SONGS(and not just one at a time), and maybe other bits.

Thanks,
Pete

Upvote 0
Hi ..

I very much like the HTC desire, and am hoping to buy one, but I would like a little info on the media player.
I currently have a Samsung Monte, which insists on playing everything alphabetically, even properly tagged files. As I like to listen to Audiobooks, rather than music, this is a BIG problem.
Please can someone confirm that the Desire does play audio files in numerical order, and does it bookmark? ...
Any information would be gratefully received ... Thanks.

On my Desire, the in-built "music" app seems to want to play alphabetically by song title (not by file name), and there doesn't appear to be any way to train it otherwise that I have found. I downloaded Player Pro from the marketplace; this has several ways to view the content, by artist, album, etc., that again play in alpha order by song title; however, it also has a "Folders" view where you can play by file name order, which normally gives you the tracks in album order (assuming the file names are 01, 02,...etc.) Player Pro is the only one that I have found so far that does this - seems crazy to me that the others can't work that way also, as I generally want t listen to songs in the oder they were laid down on the CD.

Regards,
Tony

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones