• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire optical track pad

I disagree.

You drag the screen up to move the page up.
You drag the track pad down to move the page up?

You drag the screen right to move the home screens right.
You drag the track pad left to move the home screens right?

No logic.

Anyway, I'm not saying it should be that way for everyone, each to their own, I just think you should be able to set your preference.

Upvote 0
Good point but I've never used a track ball and in the future I guess no one will. My instinct is to use it as a pad, just like a track pad on a laptop.

The Google Nexus 1 has a track ball.

The Desire optical device is perfectly logical. It controls a cursor caret or highlighted object. If you move your finger left or right, the caret or cursor goes in the same direction. If you are browsing the Web or a list of objects, the highlight skips from one to another in the direction of the finger. If that causes the page to scroll, then of course the page will have to go in the opposite direction.

The optical mouse is not equivalent to your finger dragging the screen, and it's not designed to be.

Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones