• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 4G LTE Teardown

there used to be back when this phone was a star. ;P but its so far left in the dust now not many people are interested in it.

look in the accessory thread here and i think you may find talk of batteries for this thing. i know it was a big deal for some people when this phone came with a "non replaceable" battery, as most android users were used to user replaceable batteries.

i think if you look on fleabay you may find some japanese or chinese sellers (look at the ratings!) who carry these batteries as well.

but from what i have seen and read over the internet, the battery in this phone is not at all difficult to replace.. ;)

Upvote 0
look in the accessory thread here and i think you may find talk of batteries for this thing. i know it was a big deal for some people when this phone came with a "non replaceable" battery, as most android users were used to user replaceable batteries.

Right- In theory, I'd say there would be MORE interest in it now that the phone is getting older versus when it was new (why replace a brand new battery?), however I understand this isn't the case if folks jumped ship for the ONE or another device before it got to that point. Ultimately, that's what I'm afraid of- perhaps the built-in battery was some sort of planned obsolescence from HTC, intending the phone to only last as long as it needed to until the next upgrade!

I'm just in this predicament where I can't use phone upgrades anymore (Switched to a framily plan, no contract), and word on the street is that Sprint will stop subsidizing phones later this year, following T-mobile's path of separating the phone price from the plan price. Phones might need to start lasting longer. :)

but from what i have seen and read over the internet, the battery in this phone is not at all difficult to replace.. ;)

True enough. Providing that batteries can be found to replace them with!
Ebay shows some promise.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones