• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Boosts website says that you'll get throttled after 2.5gb down to 245kb speeds max. Which is a good sign 4G is coming, but the getting throttled is crappy for someone like me that pushes 3-4gb a month :)

Thats why i still don't want to upgrade, i used over 9GB last month of data, i dont want to get throttled and im not getting the phone unless they make an unlimited 4G plan. Even though the phone looks so nice and the CNET videos of it show how smooth the ui looks with the new ICS and Sense 3.6, ill just wait a bit first.

Upvote 0
Thats why i still don't want to upgrade, i used over 9GB last month of data, i dont want to get throttled and im not getting the phone unless they make an unlimited 4G plan. Even though the phone looks so nice and the CNET videos of it show how smooth the ui looks with the new ICS and Sense 3.6, ill just wait a bit first.
From what I understand, you should still get unlimited 3g data after you use all of the 4g.

Upvote 0
What you guys can also do is buy the Samsung Galaxy Nexus from the play store for 440 with taxes and shipping and get a T-Mobile sim card and then get 4g service for 30 dollars a month unlimited data, messaging and 100 Talk minutes

Lol! 100 minutes is nothing to me, I need unlimited. When the Galaxy Note heads to T-mobile, I'll be going there also if their plans are good enough for me. If not, I'll stick with boost and get the EVO.

Upvote 0
Just adding my two cents here...I doubt if I go to the evo because my bestie got one with sprint and she has problems with her phone...not issues like the warp but other random things and signal problems so i dont think its a go..besides i just shipped my warp back to zte today and so i talked to a rep from boost last night to switch me back over to my prevail in the meantime *praying they send me a new warp soon* I can even remember the prevail being this small...smh

anyway i asked the boost rep how much was the evo going to be because the picture and the announcement that it was coming out 5/31 was on their website but yesterday it was gone...he said he "heard" it was going to be 249 but that the phone prices always change when they actually come out

sticking with my Warp and eventhough its killing me to have this tiny prevail they got it absolutely going on over there...I activated it, rooted it, partitioned the sd card because of course the memory sucks and put a custom rom on it in a matter of an hour...didnt install too many apps because per zte they should take 15days so I dont want to get too comfortable because I miss my warp already...it took me a week to send it off to them because I kept putting it off even with the FC's, freezes, not vibrating and all...guess im just a sucker for punishment

OMG I giggled when I read about you not remembering how small the Prevail is lol
I too am sending my Warp in because it was having issues and I switched back to my Prevail in the interim and omg it seems almost microscopic hehehe:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones