• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO Battery issue

I had battery issues when I first got my phone too. It would last about 5hrs idle. I figured I had to turn everything off and without even using my phone, nothing in background off, looking at the phone as a clock from time to time, my phone would die in 8hrs.

A month has past now and the battery has broken in I guess. The phone last much longer now. I had a full charge and left it unplug overnight, and woke up with a full charge 9hrs later. I had 3g, wifi, gps, gtalk, nimbuzz on but the phone was idle. its been 14hrs now and its only dropped 10% but I haven't used it other than as a watch.

For moderate uses, my phone last about 14hrs before it reaches yellow. For me, moderate is internet during my commute. Facebook, emails, reading the news while on on the bus. its about 2hrs a day worth of phone usage. I do a few calls, which last about 5 minutes each. I turn on Pandora when im at work and let it play for a few hours. I don't think my phone can do 3hrs straight of video but it last me long enough to get through the day.

When I first got my phone, I complained about the battery too. I hated it, first charge, phone only lasted 4-5hours but I think I was using it pretty heavy because it was new and I wanted to play it. I don't play with it as much now, a month later, but the battery holds long enough to get me through the day.

This is my first smart phone so I have nothing else to compare it to. I had a Samsung Upstage before and only charged it twice a week. Having a phone to charge daily was a huge change for me but I got over it.

Upvote 0
im new here, i am currently performing the hard reset and the multiple charge boot up as well as the *#*#4636#*#* to see if it helps... this morning at 7:30 i had 100% charge and by 12:35 i had 49% with little usage (not even high moderate)

im hoping this at least gets me 8 hrs of good moderate usage... well see

**UPDATE**

so as i posted previously with slight to moderate use and texting while at work i got down to 49% in a matter of 5 hrs....

after the mentioned changes i did the same test... day at work, slight to moderate use and text... at 12:30 i had 71% left...

i have to admit that 22% more battery is quite a big jump. now... the first 10% of battery will last me only 1 hr, but then it normalizes a bit....

i highly recoment this to anyone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones