• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Evo wont get past the HTC screen

Kinkywolf

Lurker
Mar 26, 2014
I have an HTC Evo 4g LTE.
My friend snatched it recently and modded the rom on it.
It was working for a few days until i had to update something and because I have no idea how to use twrp(or trwp.. not sure), Its now stuck with the white screen with the green HTC logo on it. Ive tried hard booting and pushing all teh buttons i can but it never gets past that point.

I was thinking i could just change the rom back so i plugged it in to my computer but my computer cant find it either.

Is there anyway i can Unbrick this? or should i go to sprint and have them do something.. im very lost and this is everything to me i dont have a house phone or a spare phone.. so its URGENT please..

You could try and just wipe the cache and dalvik cache. Select wipe / Advanced / only select cache and dalvik cache / swipe to wipe. The select reboot. If that doesn't work, you'll need to flash a new rom onto it. Without knowing what build you're on, I can't make a suggestion as to which one.
You'll need to either pull your SD card out and place the appropriate rom on the card and reinsert it, or mount it through the Advanced Menu in TWRP.

Once you get an appropriate rom on the phone, go to wipe / advanced / and select everything except internal memory and SD-EXT. Reboot recovery, go to install, and select the file you placed on the phone. Reboot and sign back in.

Reactions: m6284505
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones