• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero VERY HOT

mine always gets hot when i'm running ebuddy, i just make sure not to put it into my pocket so it doesn't get too much hotter. I think the warmest I have ever seen it get is around 103 F.

I've also noticed that as soon as I unplug my phone from charging all night my battery meter (battery life) drops to 99% within minutes. I think the battery life is the only thing I dislike about my phone but the over all operations surely blow the battery issue away.

Upvote 0
Something's gotta be running heavily during that time. Download Spare Parts from the market and use it to see what's been running.

I'm guessing you're not getting very good battery life?

Also, how's your awake time? Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status

Downloaded Spare Parts, doesn't tell me much really. Battery life not very good is an understatement. Battery life hits 70ish% after 2 hours, and thats me not even using it.

I downloaded the Handcent, I like that program, but for some reason, my default messagae still pops up the notifications, and I cannot figure out how to stop it from running at all, so thats bugging me.

I have bluetooth, wifi, gps, network, all turned off, still crappy battery life.

Love hate relationship right now, I love the Hero, its my fir android phone, I freaking hate the battery life. My old Razr 2 had crappy battery life, and I was at least expecting the Hero to be slightly better, 6-9 hours of useage time is not really ideal for myself and my job.

I don't even listen to Slacker radio or pandora no more, because I can't risk it dying on me. Weak man.

Oscar

Upvote 0
Go into your applications and force close Navigation, peep, stocks, and any other apps your not using on a regular basis. These apps start running after a reboot and I have to go in after a reboot and shut them all down. My battery life sucks if I don.t do this. Once they are staying closed I turn on my mobile, GPS, wifi, and bluetooth only as needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones