• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help .: HTC Incredible :. Known Issues / Bug Reports / Hardware Issues

Does anyone have problems with the soft key lights staying on? Mine will only turn on when the light sensor is covered up but I am assuming if I'm on full bright that they'd be on whenever the phone is active? No really a bug but more of an annoyance.
Iam having this problem, have you found a way to have the soft keys stay on when you are using the phone? I do have a hard time finding the back key (arrow key) and the home key when they are off, this is really bothering me.

Upvote 0
If i use both gps and data for location it shows my location way off usually a town over. This shows up in maps. When i switch to just gps it give me an accurate location but if i have both it seems to switch from the gps to the network location sometimes . The network location it shows when i am at my hometown is over 60 miles away it. It also shows this location for the weather on my home screen clock even if network location is off and gps is on.

Upvote 0
i've had my incredible since the release and the past couple of days when i made or received calls sometimes they couldnt hear me but i could hear them n it worked fine only after i shut off phone n restart it...anyone else have this problem???

Yea i had that problem this morning. I thought maybe an app was interfering or something. Same problem and solution though.

Upvote 0
Yea i had that problem this morning. I thought maybe an app was interfering or something. Same problem and solution though.

ditto here. one thing that was interesting..while people couldn't hear me on the phone, voice recorder did work. so it's not like the mic was somehow busted. it was something definitely with the phone app (or something interfering with the phone app).

Upvote 0
I'm having a few problems...

1) On my favorite contacts widget, half the time I press a contact, nothing happens. I have to press it several times to actually get it to call someone.

2) A lot of times I press the home button and nothing happens - again, I have to press it several times to get it to register.

3) A lot of times during conversations, the other person completely cuts out for several seconds and sounds like they've been disconnected. Then they come back and I've missed everything they just said.

These are at least the issues I'm having...

Upvote 0
it is really sad that google can release the phone without proper testing why there are 2 clients and each of them has its own problems.

I use gmail only. On gmail client when I read unread email it is not synced with the server.

So on pc I see it still unread.

With the general client I cannot easilyjust ny scrolling see more emails.

In order to disable notification I need to go to the gmail client to do it although there is an option in the general too.

Also on the general there is an option to refresh when I go to a folser. This does not work.

Google at least email you could get right.

I would love if someone pointed me at my mistakes.

Upvote 0
has anyone noticed no vibration on text messages? i checked the settings and i have it on vibrate.

I have the same problem at times. It just stops working and then comes back.
I've also had the text messaging force close and wipe out all my texts. Today text messaging stopped working and posted some kind of error and then started working again.

I've also had the phone lock up on me while using seesmic. Home key and back key would not work. It buzzed a lot longer than normal when pressing them. Eventually, it freed itself up.

Also, I don't know if this is the phone or the app., but the video in the phandroid app. doesn't show up on my phone.

Upvote 0
here is my list of bug or issues...nothing that makes me want to return phone but would love to see fixed.

1) If you dial number without area code the phone doesn't grab the corresponding contact, if the phone number in the contact info includes the area code. If I manually dial one of my contacts, my call log show a call to "Unknown", even though I called a contact, so if I go to call a 2nd time I can't use the recent call log because it has no name, and the phone number under the word "Unknown" is too small to read...called 611 about this and they did not consider this an issue. Customer Service said I should just use People app to make calls or use that feature where you dial the letters of the persons name. Come on, the phone should recognize the phone number I just dialed is the same phone number as the last 7 digits of a contact number...even my env2 pulled the contact if I dialed it without the area code.

2) Open a list of your phone's downloaded apps in the Marketplace>Downloads or in Settings>applications>manage applications and it ISN'T in alphabetical order - Very Annoying. Isnt 1gig enough power to be able to alphabetize a simple list!

Upvote 0
I was having issues where the earpiece on the phone was making a high pitched noise. Also when using wall charger the charger itself makes a very high pitched sound too. I have also seen some significant slowdown in my phone around apps opening as well as their menu and other options slowing down too. Still a great phone though. I honestly think I am one of those people whose body naturally messes with electronics. It's been like that my whole life. I am constantly having thing break, power down, slow down when I use them. Kinda freaky.

Upvote 0
My phone turned into absolute crap. Started freezing, opening apps and pushing buttons by itself, weather stopped working, and a few letter on the qwerty screen wouldnt work. Took it into verizon and they agreed it was junk.

They ordered me another one and hopefully i get it soon but i doubt it since there is a shortage.

Its too bad cuz it was so awesome for the first 2 weeks i had it.

Upvote 0
sometimes when i respond to a text notification by hitting reply and i send out my response, the screen comes back with a different person's text history. the message does not show up there, but shows up as if i sent it to the person i was responding to but, in fact, it has gone to the wrong person! so, if i get a text from dick and respond to him but after i send it, my screen shows my text history with jane, i know the message has gone to jane and not dick (it will still be listed as sent to dick). this is clearly not good!

anyone else with this problem?

Upvote 0
sometimes when i respond to a text notification by hitting reply and i send out my response, the screen comes back with a different person's text history. the message does not show up there, but shows up as if i sent it to the person i was responding to but, in fact, it has gone to the wrong person! so, if i get a text from dick and respond to him but after i send it, my screen shows my text history with jane, i know the message has gone to jane and not dick (it will still be listed as sent to dick). this is clearly not good!

anyone else with this problem?

My partner had this exact same problem with his Eris. I didn't have it with mine, so I think it depends on the phone. A factory reset didn't help, and the problem didn't stop until he got a new Eris.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones