• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire and data

I know that this question has been asked several times on this board before, but I am wondering if anyone can give me advice about my situation.

I am about to purchase an Inspire from AmazonWireless. My 2-year contract just expired and I have an unlimited data plan for my iPhone 3Gs right now, so I'm grandfathered into the plan. I've heard that some people were able to successfully transfer their unlimited plan to their new Inspire.

So, my thing is that when I am going to purchase the phone off of the internet, it asks me to select a new plan - there is no option to keep my unlimited plan. I know that I would probably have to go to an AT&T store to argue it out with a rep about the plan anyways, but once I agree to change plans while ordering the phone online, is it to late to switch back?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Rose

I know that this question has been asked several times on this board before, but I am wondering if anyone can give me advice about my situation.

I am about to purchase an Inspire for AmazonWireless. My 2-year contract just expired and I have an unlimited data plan for my iPhone 3Gs right now, so I'm grandfathered into the plan. I've heard that some people were able to successfully transfer their unlimited plan to their new Inspire.

So, my thing is that when I am going to purchase the phone off of the internet, it asks me to select a new plan - there is no option to keep my unlimited plan. I know that I would probably have to go to an AT&T store to argue it out with a rep about the plan anyways, but once I agree to change plans while ordering the phone online, is it to late to switch back?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Rose

Not through amazon

Upvote 0
Your data plan is not changed until you receive/ activate you new phone from Amazon. Before you put the included sim card in your new phone, call AT&T customer service and explain your situation. They will assist you in activating your phone and keeping the unllimited data plan.
Your plan will initially show that it has been changed but it will revert back to unlimited. Please confirm this with customer service rep.

Upvote 0
Your data plan is not changed until you receive/ activate you new phone from Amazon. Before you put the included sim card in your new phone, call AT&T customer service and explain your situation. They will assist you in activating your phone and keeping the unllimited data plan.
Your plan will initially show that it has been changed but it will revert back to unlimited. Please confirm this with customer service rep.

Okay, sorry to keep repeating myself, but I just want to make double sure before I do this. Even though Amazon is asking me to choose another plan during checkout, it's not going to change anything until I actually receive and activate the phone? (they wont cut my phone off now or anything will they?) I really can't afford to dish out the $130 extra that it would cost me at the AT&T store (it's $70 on Amazon - $199.99 on AT&T site). I don't have a Best Buy or any other electronics store around me, aside from AT&T store, for about 150 miles.

Upvote 0
Okay, sorry to keep repeating myself, but I just want to make double sure before I do this. Even though Amazon is asking me to choose another plan during checkout, it's not going to change anything until I actually receive and activate the phone? (they wont cut my phone off now or anything will they?) I really can't afford to dish out the $130 extra that it would cost me at the AT&T store (it's $70 on Amazon - $199.99 on AT&T site). I don't have a Best Buy or any other electronics store around me, aside from AT&T store, for about 150 miles.

Nothing changes until you receive/ activate the new phone. I went through the same process when I purchased my Captivate through Amazon. Do not follow the activation instructions that come with the phone, call AT&T, explain that you purchased the phone through Amazon and you do not wish to change your current data plan. They will activate the phone and leave your unlimited data in place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones