• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Legend slowed down. Flashing 2.2?

My dad has had his HTC Legend for just over a year now, and it's fair enough to say he was pretty peeved when my Desire received Froyo and he didn't. A few months on and I've just Updated my Desire to a custom Gingerbread ROM, and before my dad was very worried flashing ROMs would break the phone, but now he is toying with the idea of a Custom Froyo ROM for his Legend.

Not only does he not have 2.2 but his phone is really starting to get slow as it is full of unnecessary Apps that he refuses to delete. I've said to him that Flashing on a Custom Froyo ROM could potentially help speed up his phone.

He really wants 2.2 so he can use Flash Player, but it will also allow him to stick some memory hungry games on his SD card.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a good Custom ROM that I could flash on? I don't think he is particularly bothered about it having HTC Sense, but I would prefer if it does so that I don't have to re-explain how to use the phone that he has finally got used to.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones