1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

HTC music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Valerie08, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Valerie08

Valerie08 New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I'm having trouble with my HTC Hero with Google. I had ringtones that are mp3 labelled. but I want to download music to my phone as well. How do i transfer the music to my phone? and how to I get rid of the ringtones from my playlists?

Advertisement

2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Slovakia
    Put your ringtones into media/audio/ringtones/ folder on your sdcard and your notification sounds into media/audio/notifications/ folder. That way they will appear in ringtone/notification selection in settings, but the music player shouldn't "see" them.

I think regular music should go to media/audio/music, but for some reason (I don't remember what it was) that did not work optimally for me. I ended up putting my music in mp3/ folder and no music player apps so far had a problem with it.

To transfer music to or from your phone, just plug it into an USB port on your computer and mount it as a mass storage. I believe Hero's user manual covers that.

3. oldrover1938

oldrover1938 Member

May 30, 2010
    Don't forget that the music is in DCIM folder

4. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Slovakia
    Isn't DCIM/ the folder where pictures taken by the phone camera are saved?

5. robogo

robogo Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    student
    Croatia
    Pictures go in the DCIM folder, photos and videos from the camera, so I see no use putting the music there.

Just create a new folder called, I don't know, MP3 and put music there. It should work.

Or get MortPlayer from the Market :)

Tags: