• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One V wifi won't turn on. How do I fix it?

jimmywalt

Oct 30, 2013
I have a used HTC One V and it wifi won't turn on. It just says "Turning on Wi-Fi...." and then later says "Wi-Fi Error". Seems there's a problem inside the phone.

The phone isn't supposed to be active (with Virgin Mobile) but I found out I can call people.

Does the wifi not turn on because this phone isn't supposed to have service, or wouldn't that matter?

Thank you.

I have a used HTC One V and it wifi won't turn on. It just says "Turning on Wi-Fi...." and then later says "Wi-Fi Error". Seems there's a problem inside the phone.

The phone isn't supposed to be active (with Virgin Mobile) but I found out I can call people.

Does the wifi not turn on because this phone isn't supposed to have service, or wouldn't that matter?

Thank you.

It's also possible you purchased a device second hand that someone flashed a custom kernel but not the lib modules needed for Wi-Fi

What is the info in about phone under settings that refer to kernel and software version?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones