• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC passion/bravo/dragon chip vs. Droid

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that the droid is more powefull in part because it has a dedicated GPU.

Is this true?
Will the HTC passion have a dedicated GPU?

I want to make sure that the chip difference will mean a significant difference in speed.

I think the Droid GPU is better than what the Snapdragon has, at least in benchmarks. But that's just 3d rendering, as far as I can tell. The Snapgragon, for it's computing power, blows everything else away. You see how smooth it runs WinMo on the HD2? That's downright impressive.

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that the droid is more powefull in part because it has a dedicated GPU.

Is this true?
Will the HTC passion have a dedicated GPU?

I want to make sure that the chip difference will mean a significant difference in speed.

From what I've read so far I think it's effectively a tie. I know each has their strengths but not convinced users can/will really notice it. Benchmarks are often not really relevant to end users. I consider the Snapdragon to simply bring HTC up to date.

Then again, I have no experience making a comparison personally so take this with a big grain of salt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones