• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Sensation or HTC Rider

chrisdoha

Apr 25, 2010
Hi all

I am having a dilemma to chose between HTC Sensation or HTC Rider. I do realise that HTC Rider is still a rumoured european EVO 3D.

The only reason I want to wait around for the Rider is because it might pack a bigger battery, more internal storage and its got 1GB Ram. (these are specs of EVO 3D). The sensation does look good and its on pre-order already.

Also, Im not sure if the 3D in smartfones is a good feature to rely on right now as they are still in their developing stage. Im not that keen on taking 3D pics also.

So please suggest which one to go for - Sensation or Rider

Thanx

Chris

you've gotta ask, how much 3D is there actually going to be? Menus? Few built in apps? what else?

And will the constant 3D actually become slightly annoying or hurt your eyes and surely the bigger battery will get used up much faster by the 3D screen. (of course you could just turn the 3D off) but then your getting a chunky-er phone for a feature your not going to use. :p

I would personally go for the Galaxy S2 :D but unless your willing to wait, and your into 3D pics then the Sensation is the better option.

Upvote 0
yea wat u r sayin is correct. Plus i aint so interested in the 3D, i was lookin into the other specs of the Rider. But i gues il go for the Sensation

As for the Galaxy, i aint a big fan of Samsung plus i dont like their UI.. im quite comfortable with htc as I had a Desire

Anyways great reply, thanx.

Upvote 0
The 3D is only for photos and videos and that's optional, you can take both in 2D as well.

There are no 3D menu's or anything else, it's only the camera side of things, the UI is the same Sense 3 that appears on the Sensation afaik.

Ohh!! I watched a video of the Optimus 3D and so I am assuming that the Rider would be same. (the Optimus had 3D menus amongst other stuff)

Upvote 0
This is what the early hands on reviews said, a few tech sites have already had a go at recent shows and the phone works like any "normal" handset until you switch to camera mode. You have a physical button to switch between 2D & 3D and that's the only time you can use it.

I'm glad about that, I don't really want a gimmicky screen that needs me to always find a sweet spot! I can't pretend I don't love the idea of 3D photos and vids though :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones