• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc sync says my device isn't there?

Hi all, im completely baffled with my desire hd now and i have done a lot so far too. I have the desire hd with sense, doesn't sound like it has any sense to me though:D. Started off when i first plugged it in to my laptop, it was charging fine the drivers loaded apart from one that failed. With a bit of messing about trying loads of different things i learned i needed htc sync as i bought my phone used and with no cd or micro sd. I put a micro sd in it, went ahead and found the software i needed from htc site, downloaded and sure enough all the drivers loaded fine when i plugged my phone in. When i opened htc sync though it was telling me there is no device connected!

So please, any help on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Martin.

Hi, when i open up htc sync on laptop i then plug in my desire and connect on the hard disc option. I have just changed it to the htc sync option as i plug the desire in (as you suggested) and it's now fully interacting with htc sync on the laptop. Everyone was telling me it had to be the disc drive option to mount the sd card?
Just one other thing.....can i obtain updates this way now or change android version, as there doesn't seem to be any update option within htc sync? Sorry i'm a bit of a lightweight with this stuff, i'm just trying to learn all i can. Thanks for your help up to now, very much appreciated.

Martin...

Upvote 0
menu->settings->about phone (scroll down to end of list)->software updates->check now (at the bottom of the screen when the phone has a internet connection, preferably wifi.)

But from the sound of it you have a rooted phone with a custom ROM so the option to update may not be available as that would most likely only be available for stock ROMs from the factory.

Upvote 0
Okay I have searched and searched and tried hundreds of different things with no luck. I have the EVO 4g lte and ordered off Amazon so no ad card. I downloaded htcsync from the site and htcsync manager when I plug my phone in the manager will recognize my phone but HTC sync won't. I have the sync on on my phone tried toggling debugging on and off deleted the htcsync and reloaded and still says no device detected. I'm up for suggestions. And in advance thank for all help and sorry if I'm on the wrong thread. And just and FYI I'm not being lazy I have searched.....might be ignorant, but not lazy.

Upvote 0
Okay I have searched and searched and tried hundreds of different things with no luck. I have the EVO 4g lte and ordered off Amazon so no ad card. I downloaded htcsync from the site and htcsync manager when I plug my phone in the manager will recognize my phone but HTC sync won't. I have the sync on on my phone tried toggling debugging on and off deleted the htcsync and reloaded and still says no device detected. I'm up for suggestions. And in advance thank for all help and sorry if I'm on the wrong thread. And just and FYI I'm not being lazy I have searched.....might be ignorant, but not lazy.

Same problem here

Have downloaded HTC Sync (not HTC Sync Manager) on my Sony Vaio running Windows 7.
When I downloaded it I got an error message but HTC Sync IS installed and opens fine.

The HTC Desire HD connects fine via USB but when I go to 'HTC Sync' on the phone I get an error message on the phone saying 'unable to find HTC Sync on your pc' every time.

I have done updates on the phone but no change?

Anyone had/solved this problem?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Email from HTC:

Despite having the latest HTC Sync version installed on the computer the following error sometimes occurs on the phone when trying to sync : "Cannot find HTC Sync on your PC, please go to HTC to download it"

The steps below have been known to have solved this issue:

From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
Tap Settings.
Scroll to and tap Applications.
Tap Manage applications.
Tap HTC Sync.
Tap Uninstall.
Tap OK.
Tap OK.

This has now removed HTC Sync from the device.
Try and synchronize again now.

My reply to HTC:

First attempt to ''Manage applications' and HTC Sync does not appear to be on my handset at all?
There is an HTC Sync 'set up' file on the phone but no actual HTC sync.
Still the same error message on the phone when trying to Sync.
I have searched on Google Play for the HTC Sync App but unable to find.

Getting bored of this now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones