1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

HTC Tattoo available for Pre-order now , Expected 8th October

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Carl C, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hey Phandroids ,

Just noticed the HTC Tattoo is available for Pre-order now on Vodafone UK and is expected to be in buyers hands 8th October

Clicky

This makes it the UK's first Android Budget phone , But to be quite honest it's not very "budgety" from VF being the Phone is available free on a 2 year Contract with plans starting from

Advertisement

2. vitaly_il

vitaly_il New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    I was sure that HTC Tattoo will be released with <$300 tag as promised and I'll buy it, but now I see that Tattoo costs more or less as HTC Hero (==T-Mobile G2 Touch, right?).

So I'm looking for your suggestions - which Android phone to buy - Tattoo/Hero or something else?

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi Vitaliy_il and Welcome to AF forums :D

Personally I own a HTC Magic {AKA..... , MyTouch3G, Sapphire} and I love it , Android is quite simply awesome. The only real difference between say a HTC Magic and Hero is the Type of Android. The hero has a nicely designed UI called Sense. Theirs various Videos on it and it is quite popular.

Just one thing though , The HTC Tattoo {if I'm correct} was suppose to be the First Android "Budget phone". So its suppose to be cheap , One problem is that the Tattoo has a resistive screen instead of a capacitative screen which I beleive to be more Accurate and nice to glide along.

So really , I would Go for the G2 or the Hero. A good recommendation is too go to a phone store and ask to test it out or see if they have a display model. Worth checking out before buying.

If you need anything else , Just ask!

Carl C :)

4. vitaly_il

vitaly_il New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Carl, thank you for your prompt answer!

As far as I see, Tattoo is ~ $500 now instead of promised <$300. :-(
    So I don't see any sence to think about it.

According to gsmarena, both Hero and T-Mobile G2 Touch have Sense UI. So I'll continue to this direction.

PS: I'm working for Vringo (vringo.com), which develops video ringtones social network, so we have hundreds mobile devices for QA. But even our mobile gurus don't fully understand differences between all HTC/T-Mobile brand names...

5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Vitaly_il , Just to clarify it goes like this

T-mobile G1 = HTC Dream

T-mobile G2 = HTC Hero

T-mobile MyTouch3G = HTC Magic , Sapphire

Hope this helps!

Carl C ;)

6. vitaly_il