• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Tattoo available for Pre-order now , Expected 8th October

Carl C

Extreme Android User
Sep 11, 2009
London
Hey Phandroids ,

Just noticed the HTC Tattoo is available for Pre-order now on Vodafone UK and is expected to be in buyers hands 8th October

Clicky

This makes it the UK's first Android Budget phone , But to be quite honest it's not very "budgety" from VF being the Phone is available free on a 2 year Contract with plans starting from

Hi Vitaliy_il and Welcome to AF forums :D

Personally I own a HTC Magic {AKA..... , MyTouch3G, Sapphire} and I love it , Android is quite simply awesome. The only real difference between say a HTC Magic and Hero is the Type of Android. The hero has a nicely designed UI called Sense. Theirs various Videos on it and it is quite popular.

Just one thing though , The HTC Tattoo {if I'm correct} was suppose to be the First Android "Budget phone". So its suppose to be cheap , One problem is that the Tattoo has a resistive screen instead of a capacitative screen which I beleive to be more Accurate and nice to glide along.

So really , I would Go for the G2 or the Hero. A good recommendation is too go to a phone store and ask to test it out or see if they have a display model. Worth checking out before buying.

If you need anything else , Just ask!

Carl C :)

Upvote 0
Carl, thank you for your prompt answer!

As far as I see, Tattoo is ~ $500 now instead of promised <$300. :-(
So I don't see any sence to think about it.

According to gsmarena, both Hero and T-Mobile G2 Touch have Sense UI. So I'll continue to this direction.

PS: I'm working for Vringo (vringo.com), which develops video ringtones social network, so we have hundreds mobile devices for QA. But even our mobile gurus don't fully understand differences between all HTC/T-Mobile brand names...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones