• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc wildfire internet settings.

karra

Feb 16, 2012
hi, i deleted my internet settings a while ago on my HTC wildfire as i was getting charged for data i was`nt using, (did not know at the time because of this i would not be able to send/receive mms), i have now got a data bolt on which should cover the data, i have set my mms settings back up but need to install my internet settings, i emailed 02 explaining this and they sent me email settings which i tried to do but it would`nt as it says i need to be connected to the internet!!
can anyone help me install them please??
KAREN

hi, i deleted my internet settings a while ago on my HTC wildfire as i was getting charged for data i was`nt using, (did not know at the time because of this i would not be able to send/receive mms), i have now got a data bolt on which should cover the data, i have set my mms settings back up but need to install my internet settings, i emailed 02 explaining this and they sent me email settings which i tried to do but it would`nt as it says i need to be connected to the internet!!
KAREN

O2 UK ? are you pay as you go or contract?

Int

Upvote 0
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless & networks
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK
Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
Skip past Server as this is preset as Not set
Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
Press the Menu key
Tap Save
Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen.

Upvote 0
I have done that but its still not working, o2 also told me to do the following but when i get to step 10 it says i am not connected to the internet.....

1.Tap Mail on the standby screen
2.Tap Other (POP3/IMAP)
3.Tap on the Email address text box and enter your Email address
4.Tap on the Password text box and enter your Password for your Email account
5.Tap Manual Set Up
6.Tap the Protocol drop down box and then tap POP
7.Highlight POP3 server and tap the text box and enter mail.o2.co.uk
8.Check that Server port is default set at 110
9.Tap Next
10.The phone will now check your settings
11.Highlight SMTP server and tap the text box and enter smtp.o2.co.uk
12.Check that Server port is default set at 25
13.Tap Next
14.Tap Finish setup
The phone will now check your settings and will download any messages in your Inbox.
WHEN I TRY TO SEND A MMS IS SAYS UNABLE TO SEND AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS.

Upvote 0
KAREN

To connect to the internet
Follow these steps:
Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names
Google your APN for O2 monthly, and fill in these two fields
Name:
APN:
Then press Menu & Save (you dont need to fill in the other fields)

Upvote 0
KAREN
Im on Giffgaff and had all sorts of problems trying to sort out the mms settings.
Finally found a little app called GiffgaffAPN. Downloaded it from Play Store over Wifi, ran it and all the settings were sorted out, the correct APN selected and everything tickety-boo! Fantastic.
I hope there is something similar for every other network out there because it is so simple and so efficient.
All praise to the developer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones