1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Wildfire Phone 'Compromised'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by YabbaDabba, Aug 15, 2012.

1. YabbaDabba

YabbaDabba Lurker

Hi Folks .
    Newbie in town :)

Believe that my phone has been compromised, most likely as a result of some free games software from the android market ... The only app I've downloaded in the last couple of months is bubble shoot so its possibly related to that.

Earlier today I went to use my phone and once I'd cleared the screen the first thing I saw was 'fake call' .... software I certainly didn't install ... Anyway...I uninstalled it, powered down the phone and back again and
    things appear reasonably stable.

My question is that I wish to install 1 anti-virus software on my phone and I'd like a recommendation for one that won't be to processor intensive, 'free' if possible but does a decent job.

If the perception of free and decent don't go together then I'm happy to explore a paid option.

I've been thinking before now to install some banking software on my phone and this has now caused me to do a complete 180 degree turn :(

Thanks for reading and any recommendations is appreciated.

YabbaDabba

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

Ive used Lookout and Bitdefender,

Lookout
    With lookout you will get a trial period where you have full features such as finding your device using your computer, locking it and sounding an alarm from it. When i used it i didnt ever get a virus or malicious looking software, maybe its because i was cautious i dont know

Bitdefender
    This app actually detected a malicious app in my sd card, i like it because it didnt take much data and was quite effective in searching the sd card for malicious software, i also like the UI

I'd recommend Lookout though :)

3. YabbaDabba

YabbaDabba Lurker

Thanks.

The idea of a trial period certainly works for me so I'll give that a shout.

Post back in a do or so just to update the folks if anything serious was detected.

YabbaDabba

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews