• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei P30pro fails USB-HDMI recognition

Hi everyone, please help me figure why my new-ish Huawei P30pro won't connect to a HDMI screen using a usb adapter cable? My first 'help request' here!

#1 I can't see this handset recognised on Android forum? It gets auto recognised as VOG09

#2 this isn't going to a smart TV, just a HDMI screen - of which I have 3 or 4 variants of need be, of carrying she's but including a 4k model purchased in 2019.

I can see several YouTube reviews that suggest the worked connection works better than WiFi option, and this function was one of the key selling points for me getting a new handset. Previously I had a P10 only to find several of the features I thought were included were only on the pro version. Now the P30pro has USB-c 3.1, so should be a a synch...

Got a cable specifically for the task; Y cable with power-charging connection, plus the HDMI and USB-c connection.

#3 I plug it in, and phone recognised only same as though it was plugged into a PC:
'Do you want to - transfer photos, transfer files, charge, reverse charge..'

When what I really want to occur is the question I see on the YouTube: desktop mode or screen mirror.

Any guidance please?
Is there since built in app that needs permission I've not granted, it something?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones