• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HUGE Camera Bug on low battery tested on 2 different droids

Does your droid experience this issue?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
Ok, seems like this post is quite old.

Although i have what they call a milestone, I noticed the same issue which is still around after a reboot/reset. It happened today whilst being at 20% and 20% gets me through a good few hours on stanby (texting and a few calls) hence i don't think its quite low on power and hence the issue, secondly it actually shoots out its flash, just that it seems to not be in sync. So for the guy who think its a power cut off, i dont think so simply coz they flash is working the way it should (nice and bright) but just laggy i guess. People on another forum complaining as well.

Camera flash problem - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I never noticed this coz i never took photos that relied so much on flash, try it I'm sure phones on 20-15% might be having the same issue. I tried it on a friends phone too, he was totally obvious and now it drives him crazy too.

And yes our phones are updated to 2.1

Upvote 0
Wow. I just had to read through about 50 fricken replies that just flamed the OP. What the hell?

I've had the same issue since I got my phone in December. Mine happens at pretty much anything below 40%. I kept searching and couldn't find anything about it. I'm running 2.2 now and the issue still remains.
Just because half of you sit around at home next to your chargers doesn't mean we all do.

Thanks for posting this, tassadar898.

Upvote 0
Wow. I just had to read through about 50 fricken replies that just flamed the OP. What the hell?

I've had the same issue since I got my phone in December. Mine happens at pretty much anything below 40%. I kept searching and couldn't find anything about it. I'm running 2.2 now and the issue still remains.
Just because half of you sit around at home next to your chargers doesn't mean we all do.

Thanks for posting this, tassadar898.

Hrmmm. Did you try confronting Verizon with this problem? Because this issue has been fixed for many of us for a while now.

Upvote 0
I would have to say that trying to use the camera when the low battery indicator is flashing, is a really good way to damage your hardware. You see when things that run on electricity are trying to do a function that places high demands on them, when a low voltage situation is present bad things can happen to them.

Keep on running that camera in low voltage mode and you will be exchanging another phone. I guess the people that build all of these fancy devices haven't idiot proofed this feature yet. Just give them time and I bet they will make it so that the camera is disabled once the battery goes below a level that can support it properly.

Have a great day..... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones