• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HYPE HY-1022-MINI Bluetooth Keyboard Not working

jfe

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
I bought ($10) a HYPE HY-1022-MINI bluetooth keyboard for my Galaxy Nexus, don't really need it per se, but for $10, why not?

It comes with a CD with an Android.APK that you are supposed to install, it loads an app called Bluetooth Keyboard, and you need to activate the software before you can run it. Well, activation fails, and it closes the app.

Anyone have any idea of how to set this keyboard up?

Thanks

I have the same problem with the Hype keyboard not working with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7 inch) tablet. It is the software crashing, I believe, and nothing really hardware related.

Their tech support wasn't helpful at all. The answer I got was that it just doesn't work with "some" androids. I can send it back to Hype at my own cost for a refund, along with a money order for $4.95! At that price, I will just give up on returning it. I could send it back to 1saleaday.com but it still will cost me about 1/2 the purchase price just for shipping.

It may be that the driver is not compatible with Android 4.0. Hopefully, they will offer an improved driver soon. Otherwise, they're going to have a lot of upset people sharing their experiences all over the place.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones