• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I accidentally removed "Samsung_default" under User Certificates. How can I retrieve it?

when you launch anything samsung, the phone should automatically replace the certificate. i would not worry about it.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I accidentally removed "Samsung_default" in user credentials under Biometric and security > Other security settings > User Certificates. Is this necessary? What does it do? How do I get it back?
This is more supposition than definitive, so just guessing that user cert is/was tied to Samsung Pass:
Were you even using Samsung Pass previously? Since it was a user cert and not a system cert, it would likely relate just to a user account (your own) so if you go through the process of implementing and disabling Samsung Pass does that restore it?

Upvote 0
Accidentally removing "Samsung_default" user credentials can have consequences. It's a default security certificate used for authentication and encryption. To restore it, go to Biometric and security > Other security settings > User Certificates, and look for an option to import or install certificates. If it's not available, contact Samsung support for assistance.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones