• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I feel empowered!

trparky

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
So I've been dealing with absolutely horrible coverage in and around my area with Verizon Wireless. This includes little to no signal and consistent dropped calls.

Well, I decided to take things into my own hands. I filed an official FCC complaint on the FCC's web site. I did this about three weeks ago. Fast forward to Friday of last week, I received a phone call from a high-level Verizon Wireless executive. I talked to him today and explained the situations that I've been dealing with and he told me that because of these issues he is willing to waive the ETFs on all four phones to allow me to switch to another carrier without penalty.

He told me that when I do switch carriers that if I am still charged the ETF, email him or call him and he will waive and refund the ETFs for me. He did notate in my account that the ETF shouldn't be charged to me.

I feel empowered!

We tried to do that. Verizon sent me a free network extender instead. We get perfect signal with it. I was satisfied with the solution since no other carrier has good coverage in my area either.

The issue I run into a lot of the time when trying to get a network extender out to people is that they don't live in an area with broadband. =(

Upvote 0
In my case, my area has over 50 Network Extenders all within a small geographical area. Yes, that's right, over fifty people in my area need to have a Network Extender for even basic service. I told him that and since I'm almost three months until my contract ends I guess that he figured that there's no sense in trying to keep me as a customer and that waiving the ETF for me would be the best choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones