• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i forgot my backup password

Hi

If you’ve logged into the device with a Samsung account, you can go to the Samsung Find My Mobile website, log in with the same Samsung account, and use the “Unlock my screen” option to remotely remove your device’s lock screen.

If you have smart lock set up (the phone remains unlocked based on your location or connected network, you may be able to move to the right location..

Other than that, you will need to do a factory reset. When the phone reboots for the first time after the reset you will need to enter your google email account and its password to get past the Factory Reset Protection.

Factory reset:
You have to press and hold the Volume Down, Volume Up, and Power buttons at the same time. Use the recovery menu to wipe the device by selecting it with the vol up/down and pressing the power button to execute.

Note that this will wipe all of your data, photos, contacts etc. from your phone. Anything saved to google (hopefully contacts and photos) will be restored but you are likely to loose call logs and SMS records permanently unless you have them backed up off the phone.

Post again if its not clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones