• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I got bad news......

MandaNick

Feb 18, 2011
Hboot 1.xx, I am afraid I am the bearer of bad news :( From the unrEVOked IRC chat;

SM-HBOOT-1.XX = HBOOT on a GSM Wildfire/Buzz/Aria higher than 1.0? Sorry, but we don't have a root method for you. The only option we're aware of is the XTC Clip. People have had success using it.

Notice it only mentions GSM, but from what I can get from the guys on chat, they don't have anything for CDMA either. So, I guess I'm going to look into this XTC Clip thing.

Oh, well, thus is life.

Doesn't look like XTC Clip will work with CDMA phones. Now I almost feel screwed over.*shrug*

afaik there are no gsm desires on 1.x bootloaders

I would imagine these are the encrypted bootloaders like the desire S and evo S
theres no way unrevoked team could crack those as they would need to find a way of cracking the signatures

its why the x10 never had propper root and they had to bypass the bootloader entirely

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones