• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got my G1, but no cupcake?

milky

Lurker
Jul 19, 2009
Hey, im new to these forums, but ill really appreciate it if somebody could help me out so i got my G1 friday i know im late but i do not have a onscreen keyboard, or cant record videos etc. My firmware is 1.1, do i have to patiently wait for my update or should i have already had it. Thank you

Hey, im new to these forums, but ill really appreciate it if somebody could help me out so i got my G1 friday i know im late but i do not have a onscreen keyboard, or cant record videos etc. My firmware is 1.1, do i have to patiently wait for my update or should i have already had it. Thank you

I remember reading somewhere (it might even be on this forum) that after you activate the phone for the first time...after about a week (maybe a little longer) ....you should get all the latest firmware updates for the phone OTA....

So you can either wait for the OTA update or follow the link intelliott posted and update it manually...

Hope that helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones