• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root i have a rooted kyocera hydro

mw3master

Nov 10, 2012
Hey i have a rooted kyocera hydro
I downloaded wifi tether to give out hotspot..
I have another android phone im wondering if anyone knows how
To give my hotspot wifi from my hydro to my other android .. What channel should i put it on

Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated

The problem is the TYPE of WiFi it is broadcasting... by default WiFi tether uses an ad-hoc (peer to peer) connection which most androids are unable to see/connect to.

In the case of the prevail, you can set the device profile/method and achieve an 'infrastructure' WiFi connection. Which is the same type of signal a router broadcasts.

There may be a profile/method that will work for the hydro. Just try combinations of them.

Upvote 0
The problem is the TYPE of WiFi it is broadcasting... by default WiFi tether uses an ad-hoc (peer to peer) connection which most androids are unable to see/connect to.

In the case of the prevail, you can set the device profile/method and achieve an 'infrastructure' WiFi connection. Which is the same type of signal a router broadcasts.

There may be a profile/method that will work for the hydro. Just try combinations of them.

i did that and now my hydro wifi has the same config as my home wifi.
start wifi tether but "don't" start tethering,
hit the 3 dots at the bottom of the phone to open settings,
hit "change device profile andtick generic ICS/JB(wan0),
you should be good to go

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones