• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Have Been Lurking on This Forum For Quite Awhile..Censoring On This Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so biased towards htc that I'm the one who stuck the thread about not double installing the update to avoid bricking your phone in an attempt to bring the issue to light. Damn me and my thousands of dollars htc pays me to censor any issues.

Fact of the matter is 90% of times when threads get moved its because A) There is a better section for them, or B) there are already threads about the same topic and I'll merge them.

Reactions: unplugged1
Upvote 0
xfd at OP complaining about conspiracies, than the EVO/Sprint fanboi's jumping down his throat.

People come to message forums 8 times out of 10 because they have a complaint and want to get it resolved, you can tell this by how many times the exact same problem jumps up on the front page in a new thread, because the new guy with his problem didn't search first.

I have no problem burying a thread that simply is some guy going "LOL EVO SUX" with nothing to back up his claim. However an informative destructive criticism with actual evidence of their problems SHOULD be much more tolerated as they aren't simply bashing the phone without merit.

Very few people will come on here and go "phone is perfect!" as they have no real reason to. Just as most customers who have a great time at a restaurant or establishment, won't go out of their way to call the Owner and compliment his facility and employees, but will very quickly call to complain about the smallest of problems.

Upvote 0
where is the proof that these companies are paying this "internet forum company" any type of compensation? any publicity is good publicity on anything/anyone. thats not the reason certain threads are closed. some members here like to feed on the doubts of others and only post to start a riot/rumor or to make members who are looking for more CREDIBLE info on the android platform start to doubt based on someones "opinion" on what they think is 100% fact.

the majority of users who post such threads AND the ones who come out of "lurking" mode, such as the OP of this thread, to post their distaste on why certain threads are closed usually have only been on the site a month or less and a handful of posts....

so before this thread gets closed, ill give the OP of this post an hour or so to post the information he or she has obtained to point out that sprint and HTC have paid any money to this website....

:thinking: Ahh The many paid Ad banners that continue to flash across the top of the header for Sprint and HTC...

http://phandroid.com/advertise/

Upvote 0
...I feel I'm not always getting the whole truth here because HTC and Sprint heavily invested in this internet forum company.
I don't see any reason for any such suspicion, more like the forum is invested in HTC/Sprint, but that's because they're big players in the Android market, which is the topic here of course.

That said:
Not to mention the very friendly people here.
...Now go away.
...Even another reason not to let the door hit you on your a** when you leave.
Sod off and go back to lurking
Lurking like a troll almost...
...douche bag...
Not all your points are without merit

Upvote 0
This forum has a lot of real world users. We enjoy giving the pros and cons of our products. Sprint and HTC don't own what we say. In fact, I often wish they'd actively participate and use the comments to make faster and better improvements. There's a lot of useful information on this forum even if you have to weed through some stories to get it. That's normal.

I hope people aren't coming down hard on you, but the tone you established was pretty dismissive. Come here for something positive and contribute that way in the future, and you can be a part of what's good here.

Upvote 0
:thinking: Ahh The many paid Ad banners that continue to flash across the top of the header for Sprint and HTC...

Advertise On Phandroid.com | Android Phone Fans

Do you even friggin' realize how much work is involved in running a forum???....NO, YOU DON'T....not to mention what it cost simply to host it. Man, people like you make me fuggin' want to puke. Do you feel entitled to have a forum like this purely for your consumption paid for by someone else and moderated by someone else??? The guys have a right and deserve to recoup costs and make a little money for the time and effort they put into this just so you can come on here and slam them. You are an ignorant fool. Now go away.

Upvote 0

Advertise On Phandroid.com | Android Phone Fans

where is the proof htc and sprint have paid this site anything? thats the question sent to you sir/maam. i didnt ask you to show me proof that there is advertising on this forum, i said show me proof you have sprint and htc paying us. you failed to prove your point.

this thread has also run its course.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones