• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have dumb questions. Please have smart answers!

dizzygirl

Lurker
Aug 6, 2009
So I just recently dumped my blackberry for a Mytouch and I love it. The lag doesn’t seem to be there as much as other people or else I’m just not noticing it. My question is I’m not sure if I’m shutting down the applications right ; facebook, Sherpa, craigsphone, fbabble, etc. The battery seems to be dwindling pretty fast. (It’s only 2pm and I have half a battery left). I have twidget lite which if I’m correct is constantly using battery even though I ask it to only update every

I have found that enabling GPS ON keeps the GPS chipset in idle mode, and really takes a lot of power. Turn off GPS in Settings/Secutiry & location/Enable GPS satellites. Most apps that require the GPS will turn this on, or prompt you to turn it on if needed, but try to keep it off when not needed. I use a widget called Battery Widget that allows quick disable of Wi-Fi and GPS,and give accurate battery reading verses the given monitor.

Also, fully charge battery to 100%, use phone til dead, turn it on a couple hours later and let it die again.

This will set the phone to recognize when the battery is truly fully charged and fully dead.

RadFly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones