• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-ON/S-OFF root Help? & Key Function List HELP?? PLEASE??

Pantherz

Aug 3, 2012
1st Question:
Ok so I had my T-Mobile Mytouch 4g slide rooted by a friend with S-ON and now I can gain access to the root menu by using “superuser” and “root explorer.” I was able to remap a few buttons using “ButtonRemapper,” which is a great program but the only problem is that it doesn’t remamp all of the functions I want. If I try to edit the doubleshot-keypad.kl file through Root explorer I still cannot gain R/W access. I can only gain R/W access in the “/system” folder. Anything after that will still restrict the access to R/O (i.e. /system/usr/keylayout which is the file I want to edit). Is this because the phone was rooted with S-ON or am I doing something else wrong???

2nd Question:
I need help locating key functions for my T-mobile Mytouch 4g slide. I just need to know what are the code numbers for the long-press function of the 4 buttons on the front of the phone and not the keyboard. I want to change them and I’m not exactly sure how. Can anyone help?!?

I know the original function for the quick-press is like this:
# physical keys
key 102 HOME
key 139 MENU
key 158 BACK
key 188 FUNC_4

I’m trying to change the long-press function of those buttons. Also does anybody know what the button for the key number 107 goes?? It says that key 107 = ENDCALL but there is no physical button for that function anywhere 0_o

thank you for the reply YrrchSebor0000!! i used the keynrtracker and its a very useful tool but after pushing all of the buttons i came to the conclusion that the key function 107 = ENDCALL doesn't exist at all on the phone. it only works with the touch screen function which i find strange since its assigned to a hardware button as well 0_o

Upvote 0
Hmm, that's strange. Yeah, from using both apps on a few different phone, I've seen that not everything is possible, unfortunately.

As for not having RW access in the keymap file in Root Explorer... that's odd. I don't think S-ON has anything to do with that, I would think root access is root access? Here on my G2 at the moment, I can gain R/W access anywhere in my system. Have you figured anything out yet?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones