• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
I work in a hospital in NYC and have zero service all day (except lunch breaks) so I leave my phone on airplane mode to conserve battery, will this delay my getting Froyo?

starving for Froyo...

IIRC, your spot in line should be your spot in line. It might get pushed to you at a specific time and once you get appropriate signal you will get the notification.

We actually have reports of new Incredibles being purchased and they must have already been in line because they got notified during activation.

Upvote 0
I got an update...it didn't say froyo or 2.2
it said you have been updated to version 3.2xxxx
i should have wrote it down but i was excited and pretty sure that's the update...what else would it be :p

Same here - didn't say froyo or 2.2. But I did note down the version as 3.21.605.1. If you go to Menu-Settings-About Phone-Software Information, you should see this mentioned under "Build number". And the "Android Version" at the top says 2.2.

Reactions: paranoidducky
Upvote 0
Nada in Seattle still. I don't need 2.2 right away, but considering I activated my phone a couple days before it was even released, I am slightly annoyed Verizon didn't push the early adopters who have been along for the entire ride to the front of the line.

All I want is my Flash! Come on.

+1 Yup, I got mine on April 27 and feel the pain just like you.

Upvote 0
Got mine today, when I woke up using my phone for an alarm clock, it was right there when I pulled down to dismiss! I had only my alarm sound on so I don't know what time it arrived but it was there at 6:30 am! My friend also texted me that she got hers as well. We both got ours the first week it was available.

Seems a lot snappier. Kinda bummed about swype needing work to function, but I may just get used to the regular keyboard anyways and it seems faster.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones